fedora logo on wikipedia

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Apr 28 16:00:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 18:04 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Max Spevack wrote:
> > And on a simply artistic view, I *personally* find that the checkered
> > background makes it very hard to read.  I'd like to see it with just a
> > plain white background, so we can have a comparison.
>
> Here is it:
> http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/artwork/governance_diagram_white.svg
> http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/artwork/fedora_diagram_white.svg

Should RHEL be below Fedora Core/Extras or a separate entity on the same level?
It seems that RHEL and Fedora Linux influence each other rather than
RHEL being a more polished version of Fedora.  With RHEL underneath
Fedora, it seems to support the (untrue) idea that Fedora is the beta
version of RHEL.

Maybe a bi-directional arrow connecting the two at the same level would
indicate their relationship better.

Personally, I think the color makes things clearer IFF the intention is
to emphasis the differences between Red Hat and Community volunteers.  I
don't know that that's the message we want to project, though.  It seems
like the direction the Project is taking is that individuals within Red
Hat are being paid to work on Fedora and promote things that make it a
good investment for Red Hat rather than a Red Hat entity is half of the
decision making process.  I could be wrong on that, though.

-Toshio