Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Re: [Ambassadors] Name for future Fedora distribition?

Tejas Dinkar wrote:
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Greg Dekoenigsberg sent out 2.3K bytes to say:
And maybe I buy that for Y and Z... but not for X. Because people will say "I want Fedora Linux", and that's not going to be a sufficient answer, because "Fedora Linux" will just be too damned big.

Why don't we drop the numbers all together?

We could name them:

Fedora Heibelberg
Fedora Champagne
Fedora Tettnang
Fedora Zod

Individual releases could be Fedora Zod-Server
Fedora gnome-Zod
Fedora KZod
Fedora XFZod
Fedora eZod

etc, etc...

We can't realistically do this. After a few releases, it would be very difficult to remember the order of releases.