Turning off Paid Adverts for Sponsored Media

Stephen Krenzel sgk284 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 04:11:32 UTC 2006

Just a quick thought, feel free to knock it down if you so desire. What
about a "pass along" kind of setup. Where receivers of free media can opt in
to pass the media along when they are done installing it. For example, I
request a free media dvd and when signing up click "Yes, I'd like to pass it
along". I get added to a queue of free media distributors. When my time
comes up in the queue, I get a little e-mail saying "such and such has
requested free media, please pass it along to Address here, etc...". After I
confirm that I've passed it a long, I can be removed from the queue. With a
little logic to try and keep the sending of media fairly local I think this
could work out pretty well. Any thoughts? The full logistics behind it would
still need to be worked out, but I think I outlined the premise good enough.
The main thing I think this would help with is keeping costs for everyone
low, and keeping a constant stream of free media distributors flowing. It'd
also allow people to feel more involved with the community, as they've now
become a link in a chain of possibly many people who will receive the media
and who have already received it. My main concern would be quality control,
but that is nothing that can't be overcome :)
-Steve