Logo guidelines status.

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu May 18 08:39:27 UTC 2006

It's been a couple times now that I have sent a request for the Logo
just like what the "current" guidelines indicate, and have never got
back the said e-mail with either further instructions, questions or a
direct rejection, only silence... And i can't help but wonder, what's
the status of the Fedora Logo guidelines and terms of use, since the
Wiki simply is not very informative. Any news about it? I'd really like
to use vector versions of the images instead of plainly copying the
pixmaps off the site, but apparently that ain't going to happen (not to
me, at least). In any case, I'm hoping to be able to work on some DVD
case covers and a manual I am working on (which I would like it to
feature the logo)... Is there a place where I could obtain a copy of the
logo (just the bubble+f+infinite) in SVG format?

And another question I had been having was about the whole issue with
the font, has the font been released as Open and Free yet? I would have
expected to find it bundled with Core 5, but it did not come, so I
assume that by the time Core 5 got leaked, the font wasn't yet released...

*rant to self* I still wonder why a proprietary font was used for the
logo of a project like Fedora *sigh* (sorry, had to get that out of my
chest).