Sponsored Media Marketing (& a brief progress report)

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Sat May 20 11:57:19 UTC 2006

Good morning, all.

Pure Marketing stuff for you this morning!  Sponsored Media is beginning
to pick up steam, but it could still use your help to get the word out
(the marketing part).

A couple of days ago, Sponsored Media was given some very valuable
webspace [1], and it's beginning to pay off.

We've shipped 6 sponsored discs in the last two days, which is just
about as many as we have done since the beginning of the program.

You can see from the May tracking page [2], that there are still many
requests that need to be filled to get us on track for continual
fulfillment.

So, Please, continue to talk about Sponsored Media whenever you see a
slight opening.  It doesn't have to be a sales pitch or anything
spectacular.  Just toss the Sponsored Media link around [3] when you see
anyone saying anything about ways to contribute to Fedora.

You can also Digg the news about Sponsored Media.

There is an article about Sponsored Media [4] already on Digg.com and
could use some diggs to bring it out of obscurity.

If you're not familiar with Digg.com, it's a system by which the
community at large decides what's news and what's not.

[1] http://www.redhat.com/fedora/
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/FC5DVD/May
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/SponsoredMedia
[4] http://digg.com/linux_unix/Donations_to_the_Fedora_Project_-_Sorta