[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: 10, 000 Fedora downloads in five hours

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Tue Nov 7 21:23:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 08:55:12PM +0100, Nicola Losito wrote:
> http://koolinus.wordpress.com/2006/11/01/fedora-core-6-downloading/
> 70.0 KB/s as the average download speed seems a bit slow to me {i
> have a nominal 4megabit download line and i could configure my network}
>
> Does that means people are not using bittorrent enough ?

Not necessarily.  There are many reasons why a given individual might be
getting poor BitTorrent performance.

On the flip side, I've been distributing FC6 via BitTorrent since the
release, from a system with a full 1 Gbps connection into the Net.  I
currently have BitTorrent's outgoing bandwidth utilization capped at a mere
40 Mbps, but it's never even hit that limit.  Outgoing throughput peaked at
around 30 Mbps during the first 24 hours after release, and it's been steady
around 10-12 Mbps ever since.

- Paul

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu>