[Fedora-marketing-list] who has some CSS/wiki foo?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 22:10:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 14:12 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> Max Spevack wrote:
> > So I did some minor changes last night to FedoraMain, the front page of
> > the wiki.
> >
> > But I think we need to do a lot more to make it look good.
>
> So we've had discussions about making the wiki a lot nicer in the past,
> and some mockups have floated around, but I guess nothing ever came from
> it because of moinmoin or some other technical limitations?

Two things here:

i. We need to update our Moin Moin instance; we'll get some new layout
features (and problems) when that happens.  Fedora Infrastructure is
accountable here, and they are working on it (big up to mmcgrath).

ii. Switching to using Plone to serve the front page means more control
over the page; Moin Moin is just too limiting.  Problem here is
resources are tight to get the work done; more help is needed to get it
done sooner:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/PloneToDo

So, where Max pointed out two target points (by-next-weekend, 2 months),
there are really three points (by-next-weekend, 2 weeks, 2 months).

And, IMHO, 2 months should really be 1 month.  Or even sooner.  But I
don't have volunteers to loan or purse strings to untie.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project