[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: who has some CSS/wiki foo?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 21:28:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 21:08 -0400, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 16:25 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> > Those are great comments, thanks for them.
> >
> > Come on folks, doesn't anyone feel like playing around with this a little
> > bit?  Try something out -- take a copy of the "raw text" of FedoraMain and
> > start playing with it somewhere else in the wiki.  Use it as an excuse to
> > learn moinmoin.  Make your vision happen!
> >
> I'm playing around:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SamFolkWilliams/draftMainSandbox

The current front page and your draft both have a significant problem
with layout when the browser width is changed.  If I shrink my width
down to a more comfortable reading level, the logo flies down under the
screenshot and everything looks goofy.  In the old system, the logo was
a background so this would not happen.  See for comparison:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraMain/GetFedora

Although you don't want to make the default page require really wide
browser widths to see everything, you also don't want it so dynamic that
it gets uglified easily.  In this way, the previous page was better.  I
like the idea of reorganizing our content, but let's not throw the baby
out with the bath water! :-)