thinking about the Fedora brand (WARNING: this is for you)

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 16:26:09 UTC 2007

Gian Paolo Mureddu <gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:
> "Fedora: Leading Software Freedom"
> The other, "Leading Software Libre" is not bad either, but the
> first, I think, has an implicit empowerment of "freedom", while
> the later only describes the situation of the Software (as "libre"
> or "free" ["liberated"])... MY personal opinion, though.

Then why not say "Community"?  Avoids the entire PC** issue
altogether.

  "Fedora:  Leading Innovation by Example"
  "Fedora:  Leading Community Software Innovation"
   Etc...

**NOTE:  Yeah, I'm sick of "Freedom" being considered a "Bad
Word(TM)."  I might be a biased, American Libertarian and "Capitalist
Pig(R)" but I know what Freedom is, and it's not incompatible with
the concept of "Libre."  In fact, Freedom to me encompasses far more.
 But I know I'm not in the majority on that viewpoint, and it's not
PC to think such, but that's just me.

--
Bryan J. Smith   Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://thebs413.blogspot.com