Fedora's mid-life crisis

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 5 20:52:03 UTC 2007

Imtiaz Rahi wrote:

> Only painful thing to me is YUM. RPM packages are good but YUM, Pirut
> and others are not good enough.
> Synaptic is still better to see what updates are available, then choose
> one and find out what are the dependencies which are going to be
> downloaded and etc.

File RFE's in bugzilla against Pirut for what you want to see. Note that
Synaptic is available in the Fedora repository if you really need it

> Also, any derivatives should be able to say its based on Fedora rather
> then removing all Fedora branding. Fedora should be that much flexible.

Yep. Work in progress at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureGenericLogos

> Why don't we arrange a poll ?

I really don't want us to deciding the future by random polling.
Structured detailed feedback is much more useful.

http://insightbydesign.blogspot.com/2007/07/how-to-build-faster-horse.html

Rahul