Re: How to compete against Ubuntu

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

Listen, all projects stand on the shoulders of giants.  Most people
don't care.  They care about marketing.  I think Fedora should continue
to and keep doing what it does best, feed the leading edge developments.
This is what I liked about Red Hat Linux prior as well.  The model is
very sound and very trusted to us "old dogs."

Mostly I agree, but one note here: if there is one group to whom we should be more aggressively "marketing", it is to potential contributors. Fedora needs to be more about contributors, and therefore making the lives of contributors easier.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager