Contributors

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Aug 8 04:24:55 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram escribió:
> Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>>

>> Couldn't agree more... Fedora seems to have too much "bureaucracy"
>> for contributors to, well, contribute. Some might say that it is
>> standard bureaucracy, but still quite cumbersome at times. Not that
>> it is difficult, just messy and cumbersome at times. I know that the
>> "others are not so bureaucratic" argument means nothing, at least to
>> the many Fedora contributors and community members, but I've seen my
>> share of complaints from "would be" contributors about just that.
>
> So let's talk about that. In a different thread with more details but
> let's talk about that.
>
> Rahuk

Sorry to answer so late...

First of all, the most common issue among many packagers and would be
contributors is the amount of "requisites". I don't fully understand the
complaint as, yes, there are a number of requisites, but then again,
each distro has theirs. Another common issue seems to be the CLA, some
really see it as an evil requirement... like they'd be renouncing the
right to claim something their own (I certainly don't understand it that
way, but it could easily be misinterpreted in that way).