Discontent with LiveContent

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Aug 27 17:55:43 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram escribió:
> Hi
>
> A review of the creative commons live content image derived from
> Fedora 7. Should we be happy for the praise on Fedora 7 artwork or
> unhappy about the criticism that the derivative didn't tool well
> atleast in the eyes of the reviewer? Jack, you might want to take a look.
>
> http://www.linux.com/feature/118750
>
> "Nor, unfortunately, does the LiveContent customization do much to
> inspire industry. The default Fedora 7 wallpaper, with its air-brushed
> armada of balloons ascending to the moon above clouds and mountains,
> may not be to everybody's taste, but at least it is unquestionably
> professional. However, LiveContent has replaced it with a lifeless
> gray-green design of its own with the unhelpful slogan "share, remix,
> reuse" and the Creative Commons URL."
>
> Rahul

Ouch! Not only about the Fedora substitutions, but about the project in
general (at least as the article portrays it). I thought this disk would
also include audio samples, not only free in license, but also in free
formats (FLAC/Ogg), or video samples (Ogm, Ogg-theora). I certainly hope
as the project matures, the actual included material will also broaden.