FUDCon *PLANNING* [was Re: FUDCon Marketing?]

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Dec 19 16:34:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 06:30:59AM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> Could we get some help from the RHT Communications people to start a
> campaign now that builds up to the actual event?  Maybe first starting
> with a press release?

This is a great idea, but another place where we really need to be working
more in advance. It's almost too late for the current one. Anyone who needs
to convince their employer to send them, justify expenses, and book a plane
ticket is probably already out of luck.

If we want to have serious events, we need to have all the proverbial ducks
in a row with their Ts dotted and Is crossed (or something like that) at
least two months in advance. Preferably three or more.

Since we already know the basic release schedule that far in advance, this
really shouldn't be impossible.