Re: How’s Fedora 7 Faring?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

The statistics pages have more details but the uptake is pretty good so far. The smolt data is also pretty interesting.

http://www.press.redhat.com/2007/07/03/hows-fedora-7-faring/

So anyone tries to speculate why F7 installs are at about 80% of the previous FC6 installs? Summer is not a good time when people update their distro? Is Fedora market share shrinking? Was FC6 such a good distro people hesitate to upgrade from? I would give myself a boring reply along the lines of "only two releases is not enough data to draw a conclusion about trends" but I also would like a bit of speculation.