Fedora Project Sign for GITEX Demo Pod

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Jul 30 11:22:29 UTC 2007

Have to agree about Fedora(TM) and not side-by-side Red Hat(R).

There is a reason why Fedora(TM) exists,
and there should be no hinting of otherwise.
People who don't know Fedora have either:

1. Heard of it
2. Assume the name relates to Red Hat (at least select languages)
3. Won't assume or know anything

You don't need to put the Red Hat(R) logo next to Fedora(TM)
to add any value or other confusion or gesture that spirals in
countless different directions or mindshares.

In fact, I think the comment "like OpenSuSE" was a solid knock.
Just my $0.02 as an outsider looking in at Red Hat for a good 12 years.
Fedora(TM) has its own, standalone, reputation, and it is good.

Bryan J Smith - mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile