[Ambassadors] release announcement talking points (HURRY!)

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue May 22 15:52:11 UTC 2007

Let me take a shot on-list, since we're more likely to see engagement this
way IMHO:

Big Message #1: REMIX.  Fedora is now remixable.  Add your own packages,
remove packages you don't like, build your own distro and share it with
the world.  Let a thousand distros bloom.

Big Message #2: APPLIANCES.  The new tools for building Fedora make it
*dead simple* for any reasonably experienced Linux admin to create their
own custom distribution.  Ideal for ISVs who want to build an appliance
around their own product.  Build an RPM, identify the minimal number of
packages needed to make an appliance around that RPM, and then build a
distro and a live image.  Easy as pie.

These are essentially the same message -- but they hit two different
audiences.  The first message is "consumer-y", the second is
"enterprise-y".

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg