Fedora 7 at Respins.org

Karlie Robinson webpath at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 22 16:58:04 UTC 2007

On May 12, I went to a BarCamp at RIT [1] and Saw a presentation on F7
by Luke Macken.

That reminded me of how cool the Re-spin feature on 7 is.

My hope is that we can encourage the community to get creative with
Fedora by giving them an outlet for their work.

To that end, Webpath Technologies has created http://respins.org

My hope is that we can encourage the community to get creative with
Fedora by giving them an outlet for their work.

The general thought is if somene is only goofing around, there's no
reason to set up downloads or torrents for the ISO.  But if we can
created a clearing house, it could bring Fedora to a new level.

So it's not just one guy goofing around but a lot of people working and
sharing their "ideal" Fedora

Since this is an effort of Webpath Technologies and On-Disk.com, the
gathered re-spun ISOs will be listed in the same way Fedora is now -
With a sponsorship built in. Order F7 - send a sponsorship.  Order F7RS
- Send a sponsorship.

Features of the Re-Spins.org website:
Users can submit respins they have made and make them available to the
general public via Respins.org to be distributed on On-Disk.com, where
every remaster shipped helps spread Fedora Far and wide via Sponsored
Media.

Not only can they submit respins/remasters, but they can also:
* Create informative homepages for each respin right on the Respins.org
Website.
* Have full use of the Respins.org forums to answer any questions that
users might have.
* Allow others to private message them or contact them via email.
* Contact others, through the Respins.org community connections and
forums, who are also creating Respins for ideas and assistance when
problems arise.

Please keep in mind that the site is a bit "Fresh" and will need a
little spiffing up, and should be in tip-top shape by Thursday's release
(that's the plan anyway)

I hope you enjoy the site.
Karlie
[1] http://barcamp.org/BarCampRochester2