Fedora-marketing-list Digest, Vol 35, Issue 20

Clint Savage clint at utos.org
Thu May 24 12:44:28 UTC 2007

> Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 11:52:11 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ambassadors] release announcement talking points
> 	(HURRY!)
> To: fedora-ambassadors-list <fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com>
> Cc: fedora-marketing-list <fedora-marketing-list at redhat.com>
>

> Let me take a shot on-list, since we're more likely to see engagement this
> way IMHO:
>
> Big Message #1: REMIX.  Fedora is now remixable.  Add your own packages,
> remove packages you don't like, build your own distro and share it with
> the world.  Let a thousand distros bloom.
>
> Big Message #2: APPLIANCES.  The new tools for building Fedora make it
> *dead simple* for any reasonably experienced Linux admin to create their
> own custom distribution.  Ideal for ISVs who want to build an appliance
> around their own product.  Build an RPM, identify the minimal number of
> packages needed to make an appliance around that RPM, and then build a
> distro and a live image.  Easy as pie.
>
> These are essentially the same message -- but they hit two different
> audiences.  The first message is "consumer-y", the second is
> "enterprise-y".
>
> --g

What about these talking points?

1. First Fedora distribution with LiveCD capability.
2. KVM and virtualization capability
3. Extended wireless functionality (iwl3945 for example)
4. Fedora 7 Beauty (referring to the theme)

I'm sure there are others, but this is what just crossed my mind.

Cheers

--
Clint Savage
Fedora Ambassador, Utah