Re: Fedora struggles with harm reduction via Codec Buddy

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:57:20 -0400 (EDT)
Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk redhat com> wrote:

> Let's take the scenario a step further.  What happens when someone
> puts a piece of free crippleware into Fedora, the sole purpose of
> which is to upsell to something that isn't crippleware?  How will we
> feel about that?
>
> This is just the first time we've had to face these kinds of issues.
> As more business concerns coalesce around Fedora, it won't be the
> last.

This is not the correct venue to argue about such things though.  I'd
be happy to argue with people about this elsewhere though!

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)