F8 Features PDF 11-6 Mockup

Chris Negus cnegus at rucls.net
Wed Nov 7 18:35:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 11:44 -0500, Michael Beckwith wrote:
> http://tw2113.fedorapeople.org/fed_overview/11-6-evening.pdf
>
> Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated. Presentation and colors and whatnot are set to be 2nd in line after I get content placed.

I have a question about this statement regarding IcedTea:

  Java applets are supported out of the box in a secure manner on both
  x86 and x86_ 64 architectures, thanks to the integration of an
  improved gcjwebplugin.

The README.libgcjwebplugin.so file (/usr/share/doc/libgcj-*) says
gcjwebplugin may not be particularly secure and is not enabled by
default. Can someone comment on this? Also, although it's not that hard
to enable it, it seems like it might be hard for someone to know where
to look for the plug-in.

-- Chris Negus