Re: Linux Action Show! Fedora 8 hatchetjob review

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 16:44 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> Chris and Bryan over at the Linux Action Show Podcast took the time to
> play with F8 for 2 weeks. If you poured your heart and soul into Fedora
> I'd advice not listening to the following.
>
> http://www.linuxactionshow.com/?p=158

Highlights:

- Icons between the desktop and menu are inconsistent
- Nodoka is ugly
- The red swatch in libnotify is awful
- Anaconda is dated
 * Partitioning prescreen is useless/confusing
 * Did not detect other existing Linux installs for grub
- Live media install tried installing files before formatting was
  complete
- grub screen was a bit "off" style-wise
- GNOME Online Desktop is underwhelming
- Fedora should focus more on the desktop
- NetworkManager *needs* to be integrated with s-c-network (my
  interpretation)
- A point release with fixes would be nice to see

OTOH, codeina and PulseAudio worked well, and s-c-firewall shows
promise.