Public Awareness is vital to both XO and Fedora!

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 5 17:10:37 UTC 2007

On 10/5/07, Markus McLaughlin <hidden> wrote:
> Do you think free publicity would hurt or not?

IF DONE PROPERLY !!!!!

> Mark McLaughlin - linuxglobe.wordpress.com

In accordance to your blog post :
http://linuxglobe.wordpress.com/2007/10/01/fedora-8-needs-to-add-features-like-ubuntu-710/

You referred "Fast User Switching" as a missing feature for F8!

I'm sorry to say, but you need to update or delete your post as you are wrong.

Fedora 7 (yes, F7) already have "Fast user switching".
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop/FastUserSwitching

http://samfw.blogspot.com/2007/03/fedora-7-fast-user-switching.html

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/06/01/fast-user-switching-applet-ubuntu-704/
"""One feature in the new Fedora 7 desktop that was popular is that of
fast user switching."""

Please bear in mind, Fedora is a cutting edge distribution where
innovations start !

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com