Re: Freedom is *just* a Feature?

Matthew Miller a écrit :
On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 12:34:41AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
Was there any argument against Karsten's variation of:
"Fedora is freedom" ?

I think the original has such an immediate positive reaction for readers of
this list

Right

-- and I think for most of Fedora's core market, as well --

Wrong

precisely because we hear it in the sense of computer jargon.

You've nailed it, this is a slogan for english computer jargon speakers. In other words a slogan for hardcore technophiles. I don't think we want to restrict our audience to hardcore technophiles (at least one of our major derivatives, OLPC, doesn't)

--
Nicolas Mailhot