Question about our Brand

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 02:57:33 UTC 2007

JoergSimon wrote:
> Am Montag, 17. September 2007 21:31:49 schrieb Mike McGrath:
>
>> Do we have anything like an official brand book?
>> I'm sure I could come up with a whole list of questions but you get the
>> idea.  I may be missing some history there too as I'm not normally
>> active in marketing (because I have no background/training in it :)
>>
>>     -Mike
>>

> Hi Mike some usefull links
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/AnswerQuestions
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommunityConduct
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/TalkingPoints

Some of these are pretty good, I came up with some more questions:

When talking officially about "The Fedora Project's" flagship product
"Fedora", was our last release

"Fedora 7"
"Moonshine"
"Fedora 7 (Moonshine)" or
"Fedora Moonshine"

Where can I find a list of official colors we can use?

Should we have our web apps match the OS or does the OS change enough
from time to time that its just not practical?

Do we have any testimonials?

Do we have anyone out there selling Fedora business to business.  I use
the term sales there loosely as there's no compensation out there but
aside from the ambassadors, whats the closest thing we have to a sales
engineer?

How are we marketing / pushing the whole re-spin thing to try to get
others to participate?

Has anyone given any thought to using the the Fedora OS as a gateway to
becoming a contributor or is that more of a technical decision?

    -Mike