Codecs in Fedora 9

Could someone tell me what the state of mp3 and other non-free codecs is
for Fedora 9? My concern is that I don't see a codeina package and I
(like others) am not able to play flash videos from firefox.

I'm not taking one position or another on what Fedora should do.
However, I would like to be able to tell people how to legally get that
stuff in a way that is in line with Fedora Project policies.

-- Chris Negus