Re: Associating the Red Hat and Fedora brands?

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 17:26 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

If, in splash screens for Fedora, we put a tasteful "sponsored by Red Hat"
with the Shadowman logo somewhere small... how would you all feel about
that?

I think I'm OK in principle, but can or should we leave the door open to
list other folks here that also sponsor the Fedora project?  Dell, IBM
to name a couple, HP/Intel in the ia64 space, Sun in the sparc space,
Marvell in the ARM space, etc...  I'm all for having a little more
shadowman in the branding, but I don't want to make it seem like Red Hat
is the only one throwing resources behind the project.  Then again, I
also don't want our artwork to start looking like a NASCAR car.

Right. This is the difficulty. In theory, I want to allow space for other sponsors as well, but you're exactly right: we don't want it to look like NASCAR.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager