Re: Codecs in Fedora 9

Chris Negus wrote:
Could someone tell me what the state of mp3 and other non-free codecs is
for Fedora 9? My concern is that I don't see a codeina package and I
(like others) am not able to play flash videos from firefox.

Well, codeina is still there. The plan is to drop the "paid" codecs and only keep the gratis mp3 plugin. Refer

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-03-11#head-99b276cb166437476b228e7142d9607b91bc91d8

# yum info codeina

Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name       : codeina
Arch       : noarch
Version    : 0.10.1
Release    : 6.fc9
Size       : 369 k
Repo       : installed
Summary    : GStreamer Codec Installation Application
URL        : https://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/trac/browser/codeina
License    : GPLv2.1+

Let us know if you have more questions.