Re: Associating the Red Hat and Fedora brands?

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Francesco Ugolini wrote:

> i will quote GregdeKoenigsberg:
>
> "The Fedora brand must evolve separately from Red Hat's brand. Fedora is very > important to Red Hat, but Fedora is not Red Hat. It's really crucial to
> understand that distinction."
>
> so -1 again.

 +1 to Joerg, and -1 to co-branding.

OK, then, let me propose something different and a bit less intrusive: maybe we could put a "corporate sponsorship" slide into the Anaconda install flow? "Thanks to our corporate sponsors". With a big Shadowman, and then smaller logos from lots of other companies. Since it would just be a single slide, we could make it as NASCAR-y as we wanted.

If you are going to say thanks and you got space, thank the community too. Even Red Hat Linux Anaconda did that and so did the RHEL 5 promo.