Web Badges

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 00:24:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 08:28 -0500, Michael Beckwith wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > Michael Beckwith wrote:
> >> In light of wanting to play around with Inkscape a little bit, and
> >> following an Inkscape tutorial, I have created some Fedora web
> >> badges[1]. You know, those little tiny bar graphics that advertise
> >> various things. I even got inspired by the marketing team's recent "4
> >> F's" stories, and created some for each F. Comments, criticisms,
> >> plans for use all appreciated.
> >>
> >> [1] http://tw2113.fedorapeople.org/webgraphics/
> >
> > Maybe one more design with all four Fs? like "4 x F", "F x 4", "F^4"
> > or "F - F - F - F"
> >
> I like those ideas, I'll put them together soon and upload.

We should be careful about using the term "4 F's," because it's
dangerously close to an unhelpful connotation of "4-F."  Refer to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4F#Classifications

Instead, let's use "Fedora Themes" to talk about these -- or some other
term that we can agree on.  (Yes, losing the alliteration,
unfortunately, unless someone comes up with a better idea.)