Atheros hires ath5k developer

Hi

Not Fedora specific but considering that this has been a long standing issue, we couldn't solve immediately without non-free bits, this is very good news.

http://lwn.net/Articles/278132/rss

"When kernel developers talk about problematic hardware vendors, Atheros often appears near the top of their lists. So this announcement from Luis Rodriguez, a developer of the reverse-engineered ath5k driver, is intriguing: "I write to you to inform you that I have decided to join Atheros as a full time employee, as a Software Engineer, to help them with their goals and mission to get every device of Atheros supported upstream in the Linux kernel." What will come of this remains to be seen, but if it truly signals a change of heart at Atheros (and isn't a late April 1 posting), it is a most welcome development. "