[Ambassadors] Recording FUDCon Audio

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:42:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 01:15:42PM -0700, Clint Savage wrote:
> I'm not really sure where to start this conversation, so I thought I'd
> at least start here and see where it goes.
>
> I've recently purchased a new 8channel mixer for the local Utah Open
> Source Foundation (UTOS)[1] which I run.  We record and stream[2] as
> many of the Local User Groups (LUGs)[3] we can in the area.  We also
> podcast[4] them afterward as well.
>
> At the last FUDCon, I did a little bit of streaming on our UTOS
> streaming server and even podcasted one on Fedora TV (remember that?).
>  This year, with this mixer, I'd like to take the time to stream and
> record audio for at least all of the classes that I can attend as well
> as Paul's keynote.  I understand there may be desire to video record
> this presentation as well, and I wonder what plans, if any, there are
> in place already.
>
> The thought I had was possibly to request resources from
> infrastructure to build a icecast streaming server with FAS
> authentication (maybe) and use that.  If that fails, I can still use
> the UTOS streaming server.
>
> Anyway, lend your thoughts.

It's funny you mention this Clint -- we talked about this very topic
in the Tuesday Fedora Board meeting.  (Not about you doing it
specifically, but how to bring some audio for at least one or two
rooms to non-physical attendees.)

Chris Tyler was taking that topic on from the Board side -- I'm going
to cc him and you guys can work on it in whichever public list makes
the most sense to you.  Chris, Clint is coming to this FUDCon so it
makes great sense for you guys to partner up on this.

I'm hoping we have enough preparation time still so Clint can spend
all of Friday on Ambassador hackfesty topics, as opposed to figuring
out software.  Since Fedora is paying for a small number of NA
Ambassadors to come together at FUDCon physically, it would be great
if they could take advantage of that in-person time for whatever tasks
are appropriate that lend themselves to physical presence.