I still want a Fedora coffee table book, and you are going to help me make one.

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 20:17:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 08:32:34AM -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> I propose that we go ahead with the idea, moving swiftly.  I will be at
> FUDCon as will Colby (RH A/V Guru) and we can begin taking pictures and
> video/audio there as well.
>
> Right now, I have set up a blank wiki page so we can start aggregating
> everything around this effort.  It can be found here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Fedora_Picture_Book

Oh my God, I love you two :)

> Lisa, can you please post up what you have in this email on that page.
> Also, are you available to attend the marketing meeting this Thursday at
> 3 Eastern, 12 Pacific?

Lucky me, I won't have school for this week's marketing meeting! Can
somebody make sure this is on whatever task list is necessary for the
mktg meeting?

> I think the first step is to get pricing from somewhere, and according
> to that figure out how many pages the book should be.  Ideally, I would
> think we should aim for 200 pages.  What do y'all think?

I'll look at some places online. I was thinking 100 pages at the most,
but we can discuss it later.

I think I'm going to take Jeff's messages to heart (from his reply down
the thread): we need to get this done. We can do multiple editions, so
I'm not sure if we need to worry too much about "getting" everybody in
the book.

We'll also need to determine the format of the book -- first, what
"trinket" or whatnot we'll use to represent Fedora (something where we
can, by holding it, proclaim "I am Fedora", whether obvious or not) --
and second, if we want to do a small interview with them and grab a
quote out of it that speaks well of them and Fedora. I'd like to come up
with a draft design for the book cover and the individual pages sometime
this week.

Also, Lisa -- you've taken this idea and already done beautiful ideas
with it. I welcome you happily to the marketing list and I'd love to
see what this turns out to be!

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36