Re: Really cool promo flyers

On Jan 31, 2008 10:10 AM, Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:
> I found some really cool promo flayers online and would like to share
> them with you;
>
> http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m286/LegoAddict/Freedomofchoice.jpg
> http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m286/LegoAddict/Linuxgivesyouthehouse.jpg
> http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m286/LegoAddict/Computewithnature.jpg

One of the things I'm learning in my sales classes right now is that
you never lead on price.  If you start out with a number too low
you'll give the impression your product is of a lesser quality.
Instead you should be working to make the customer want the product
first, then talk price.  In the case of Linux after you've made them
really want it, they'll be shocked to hear its free.  Doing things in
the reverse order (which we all do) gives them the impression starting
out its of a lesser quality and you're starting out behind.  That's
one of the reasons I like the Computewithnature.jpg best.  It
highlights a solid benefit to the user and doesn't focus on price as
much.

Russell
--
Russell Harrison
Systems Administrator -- Linux Desktops

Note:  The positions or opinions expressed in this email are my own.
They are not necessarily those of my employer.