Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 16:07:07 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 19:00 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I was wondering not only about what we're going to say but how we're
> going
> to say it.  How are we going to get people to know about the features
> in
> our alpha?

+1

That is the crux of the subject of this thread.  We are working on a
plan, yes, and it has already missed the first deadline.  Unfortunately,
when setting the schedule for the marketing plan, we focused on the
final release.  This is typical thinking that applies to RHEL, for
example, where we do not advertise the beta/release candidates.

Jon - perhaps you want to turn what you wrote into a press release
format?  We can then run it by the PR gurus and ask them to actually
release it to businesswire, etc.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.