making the website better

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 16:42:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 08:16 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:

> Yep, I'm all about having less information on the wiki and more on the
> website.  But the front page isn't the place to load up on stuff.  Compare
> these two websites.
>
> http://www.google.com/
> http://www.debian.org/

How are you comparing the mission of fedoraproject.org and google.com?

I agree that a search interface doesn't need complications around it.
Is that how you envision fedoraproject.org?  Having the functionality of
"A Big Search Field"?  Hopefully people know what they are looking for
then because they won't find it without knowing what they are looking
for.

We're missing the mark if we are reducing for the sake of looking
lighter weight.  That's really the complaint we are getting -- our main
portal is not informative enough.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.