[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: Generic Fedora Poster Designs for Events



On Feb 7, 2008 10:57 PM, John Adams <joadams redhat com> wrote:
> Please don't misinterpret me ... I am in no way suggesting that the
> creativity of the art team be squelched.  Every day, there are tons of
> examples of new, interesting, innovative and creative designs that still
> exist within the "confines" of a brand's identity.  The designers that I
> know see this as a welcome challenge!

Please also don't misinterpret me also, I'm also not talking about
making fedora a hippie camp where anything goes :)
I felt more of fedora brand from that poster (although background
colors can be better) that anything I saw previously and the colors
have a lot to do with it. If everything was mainly blue mono colored
it would feel to cold, and I must admit also a bit false.

Like you are saying one thing and doing other - and people feel that,
you can't fake it. If you say freedom and infinity and do artwork with
one color only that is contradictory.

Can you also answer me what is a brand? I believe it is much more that
one color. You can also start talking about "brand consistency" and
again come to same conclusion - only blue color, and I really thing
fedora brand and brand consistency is much more than one color.

To me fedora brand is that powerful feeling you feel after thinking
about freedom, speech and infinity... and that is much more that one
color, any color, even more so - I believe that fedora is and should
be branded as something infinite so than no one color (in this case
blue) can define it... 2 or more would fit much better, but not just
one.

Great examples I saw recently are Fedora 9 Alpha promo banners:
http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/f9-alpha-promo.png
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/PromoBanners?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fedora9alpha-banner2_mo.png

Blue, green and gray... really nice banners, they look great and they
aren't just blue.

Also please look at previous Fedora wallpapers:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ThemingOverview#head-761e79e713f9401c00766a53a7bc747ba2bac062

To me last wallpaper is too gray shade of blue (a bit depressing and
dull for my taste). I saw on fedora wiki the ones I like much more but
they didn't go because somebody said that purple is a "bad" color. IMO
purple wallpaper is much better that one we have currently.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8Themes/Infinity/Round3Scratch#head-568b094e309105e39f817e50a15760da96ac0d6a

I can't wait to see rafined versions of poster as soon as Mairin posts them!

ps. don't top post, why?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

ps2. Sorry if some of this makes little sense, it is 00:30AM and I'm
off to bed now :)

Cheers,
Valent.

-- 
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
linux, blog, anime, spirituality, windsurf, wireless
registered as user #367004 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]