Re: ubuntu marketing

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Valent Turkovic
> <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:
> >  This is the idea:
> >  Can there be a script on Fedora desktop that says something like this:
> >  "Install Flash Player" that enables adobe yum repository, presents the
> >  licence and if users agree goes
> >  out and install the flash plugin.
>
> I will not support that. In fact I will actively lobby against
> including a Fedora specific enhancement that directs people to
> proprietary executable code.
>

> -jef

I have to agree with Jef on this. +1 from me. Yes I use the ati drivers
and the flash plugin but I make sure I use open source ones every
release to see if it's fixed and post appropriate bugs. I did this with
the ipw3945 iwl3945 and now I don't need the ipw3945 drivers.  This is
important because the bugs people report help the dev's fix the issues.

Cheers,

Marc