ubuntu marketing

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 23 12:52:47 UTC 2008

Zhukov Pavel wrote:

> Nvidia and Ati cards is most powerful cards now. I have intel GMA with
> free drivers and i can't play games or use compiz if my resolution
> more than 2048. Is this correct to limit people freedom which hardware
> they can use?
>
> P.S.: Proprietary software isn't bad of evil. Fedora is free - this
> mean people can choose to use proprietary software.

Read again http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives.

Intel has open drivers with full documentation. ATI is followup fairly
fast. Nvidia is the odd man out here. Besides many kernel developers
consider proprietary kernel modules a violation of the GPL license. We
shouldn't and needn't take such risks for binary blobs that we can't
debug or fix issues.

Rahul