Re: ubuntu marketing

Zhukov Pavel wrote:

Nvidia and Ati cards is most powerful cards now. I have intel GMA with
free drivers and i can't play games or use compiz if my resolution
more than 2048. Is this correct to limit people freedom which hardware
they can use?

P.S.: Proprietary software isn't bad of evil. Fedora is free - this
mean people can choose to use proprietary software.

Read again http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives.

Intel has open drivers with full documentation. ATI is followup fairly fast. Nvidia is the odd man out here. Besides many kernel developers consider proprietary kernel modules a violation of the GPL license. We shouldn't and needn't take such risks for binary blobs that we can't debug or fix issues.