[Ambassadors] Fedora NPO founded at FOSDEM in Bruxelles

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 02:10:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 18:20 +0100, Gerold wrote:
> Dear *,
>
> it is a great pleasure for us to share with you the official announcement
> of the Fedora EMEA NPO as you can read below:

It was just as great a pleasure for the Fedora Board to help enable this
group.

In the future, possibly before the release of Fedora 10, the Board will
begin accepting additional applications from groups that have reached
this advanced stage of planning.  We are using Fedora EMEA as a pilot to
figure out a framework for enabling additional worldwide communities.
We chose Fedora EMEA specifically because this group had already
achieved a very high level of organization, community interest, and
command of the details surrounding funding and legality in their region.

I would urge any additional groups that are considering formation to
reach a similar state of readiness by that time.  The Board wants to
ensure that Fedora's community groups worldwide develop consistently,
and with proper resources to enable their success.

> As President of the Board, the members elected Gerold Kassube (Germany),
>   long-time member of the Fedora Ambassador Team. The members also
> elected  Jeroen van Meeuwen (The Netherlands), and Fabian Affolter
> (Switzerland) to become the organization's Vice-Presidents, and trusted
> Robert Scheck (Germany) to manage the foundations assets.

Congratulations to all the elected officials of Fedora EMEA.  I
encourage you to continue discussing your work and progress regularly
and often!

> In just a few weeks, during LinuxTag 2008 in Germany, the foundation has
> it's first General Members Assembly. Because all parties involved still
> have a lot of work to do, the necessary information to support the
> organization and membership subscription forms will become available
> online in the near future.

Absolutely splendid.  I am very much looking forward to coming to
Germany in May and meeting everyone!