Mktg Meeting 2/28 recap, and next meeting

Thanks to John Babich for sending out the full IRC transcript.

The simple recap, for folks who don't want to read the whole IRC log:

John Adams, of the Red Hat Brand team, has provided us with a template of what a full Marketing Plan looks like. That templates lives on the Fedora wiki:

We've dramatically simplified our task list to focus on fleshing out a full marketing plan for Fedora based on this skeleton. The task list, with owners, can be found here:

Over the next week, the owners of key sections of this Marketing Plan will be asking questions, making proposals, and filling this plan in, bit by bit.

If someone asks a question of you on-list -- like "I think that our target audience for press releases should be X, Y, and Z" -- PLEASE RESPOND. You're on this mailing list because you care about the marketing of Fedora, so please take this opportunity to express your opinions. You folks *are* Fedora. We need to hear you.

Next week we will convene on IRC once again to see what progress we've made. Details:

Time:	Thursday, March 6, 2000 GMT/UTC (3pm Eastern US)
IRC:	irc.freenode.net, #fedora-mktg

Thanks to all of today's participants. It's been a while since I led an IRC meeting, and this one was extremely worthwhile. Let's keep the momentum going.

Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager
Red Hat, Inc. :: 1-919-754-4255
"To whomsoever much hath been given...