dormant bugs and our perception

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 1 19:50:47 UTC 2008

Michael Stahnke wrote:
> To me, a lot of the reason there are not more people tracking down
> bugs like this is that any/most packages that were part of core, can't
> be fixed by community members.

Triaging bugs usually doesn't require any commit access. I have triaged
hundreds of bugs before and most of them was about asking for more
information, reassigning bugs so that it reaches the proper maintainers,
closing duplicates or already fixed bugs and so on but it is possible
that ACL's are a hindrance and I have been always supportive of removing
them to the maximum extend possible.

You might be interested in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/PackageACLOpening.

  This is proof to me that
> either the team maintaining core packages is too small, or there are
> lots of people at RH who don't care about bug reports.

It is mostly a problem of resources and there are few ways you can
tackle this currently including direct mails, requesting
co-maintainership of the package in question or initiating the AWOL/MIA
process.

Rahul