Red Hat’s Mugshot

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 10 04:00:05 UTC 2008

Hi

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=154

"Today I discovered that Red Hat Linux has created a new social
networking site call Mugshot. This site is promoted as an “open source”
site. I checked the site FAQ to find out that all the software powering
Mugshot is, in fact, open source. And indeed it is. The developer site
for Mug Shot is right here. I have to say that I was hoping that the
very idea of an open source social site would reach beyond the software
being open source. I was thinking that maybe the development of the
features and interface might also go, somehow, the way of open source.

BUT - I am very pleased with what I have seen. This site, in my opinion,
goes well beyond that of Myspace and Facebook. "

Rahul