[Ambassadors] Re: ambassadors, marketing, etc

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 14 21:42:53 UTC 2008

On 14/01/2008, Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu> wrote:
> Perhaps it would be a good idea for one of the list admins (Max? Thomas?) to
> do a quick diff of the membership lists of these two lists and see if there
> is as much of an intersection as we're assuming.  If it turns out that f-a-l
> membership is primarily just a subset of f-m-l membership, then the question
> is really just whether the ambassadors want to continue to have a separate
> list or not.  And conversely, if the intersection is smaller than we're
> assuming, then that might imply that a merger is unwarranted.
>
> Being on both lists myself, and recognizing the close interaction of the
> work of both groups, and thus the extremely heavy cross-posting between the
> two lists, I myself would be happy for a merger, just to cut down the number
> of duplicate messages in my inbox.  But, y'know, I can deal either way. :)

Back in March, Karsten Wade touched on this issue[1] already what's
considered OffTopic[2].

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2007-March/msg00011.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PostIsOffTopic#fedora-ambassadors-list

Basically, fedora-ambassadors-list is for discussions amongst
Ambassadors about event coordination and other tactical or project
business needs.

Other discussions should take place in fedora-marketing-list.
Regards,
--
Thomas Chung