Re: Road Map for Marketing [WAS ambassadors, marketing, etc]

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 12:34 -0500, Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:
> There is an Event Box page on the wiki here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EventBox
>
> I created that page with the idea of the box being a booth in a box.
> Something we can ship to an event for a Fedora Ambassador to use for
> an "instant" booth.  I borrowed the idea from the Gnome Event box.
>
> That project needs just a bit of momentum.  Mainly if some Ambassadors
> and Marketing folks can review the proposed contents and if people
> agree - the funds to assemble the box.

This is currently being worked on with the RH logistics people and is
quickly becoming a reality.  It was discussed over the weekend and I
will keep you posted about it.  Mainly, the thing to know right now is
that RH has a large logistics company which manages worlwide supply
chain stuff and we are trying to out the details with them in order to
create a web form through which an ambassador can order a kit for
different sized events...

Jack