Fedora 9 name

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Wed Jan 23 00:42:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 18:23 -0600, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram escribió:
> > All of the codenames are those suggested in the fedora-devel thread.
> > Read it if you want the details.
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-December/msg01000.html
> >

> > Rahul
> >

> Ok, so since pretty much this time around there was a total
> dis-coordination between -devel and -marketing, how about, in the
> future, have an IRC meeting or two simultaneous threads in -devel and
> -marketing to propose codenames, and then the usual process could
> continue? I mean I know the names have to cleared by legal and all, but
> in the end, the codename is ultimately also a marketing "jingle", so I
> don't see why -devel and -marketing lists should antagonize on it.

Last time something came to marketing such as the slogan there was mass
communication from a significant number of people and yet nothing
happened.  We are still without a slogan as of now. I would prefer it if
devel put up names at least from recent history devel get things done
while marketing seems to be at a stand still.

I'm a member of both devel and marketing I didn't propose any names. I
would prefer it if it was a marketing effort but in the current form
marketing is just a news list without any direction sadly.  I'm hoping
this will change now with the new influx of people who know about
marketing (RH Folks) and some direction from our current and past
fearless leaders.

Cheers,

Marc