Screencast Ideas wiki

rafael liu rafaelliu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 20:02:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>
wrote:

> rafael liu wrote:
>
>> I don't actually know how to make a screencast, but I volunteer for making
>> Live USB screencast. I think it's a really attractive tool for beginners and
>> a great chance to aggregate more users to Fedora.
>>

> Then start by reading this: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting(but I am afraid the info there is a bit old and could use some updating)

Well, some other point to contribute ;) I'll read about it and try to update
information there.

>  One complication I can think of is that I would have to reboot my machine
>> to boot the USB... Maybe a screencast made by a virtual machine? Any
>> suggestions?
>>

> I am not sure what is the target of the proposed screencast: creating a
> Live USB? booting it? working with it?
>
> For creation, you can record the terminal window where the image is
> transferred to Live USB, for booting it, yes, you will need a VM and for
> working with the stick (live persistence), you can install Istanbul on the
> stick.

Actually my idea was to do all the way to go all the way until a fully
functional Live USB Fedora. The screencast should stop once the Live USB is
created, but I would like to show how would it be booting and using it (just
to show persistence). Thinking about it now it may get too long...