Screencasts - Cheese

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 07:08:59 UTC 2008

2008/6/9 Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com>:
> I look forward to getting these kinds of videos out everywhere.  In fact, I
> was talking with my employer, Guru Labs, about doing some more videos in a
> more system
> administration nature.  For instance, a simple video on how to do LVM and
> RAID together using both GUI and text tools.    Probably a bit longer and
> more in-depth, but
> still fun.

Can guru labs provide some measure of hosting for videos?  We don't
have a location identified for hosting and if they are willing to
support your video fetish, then we can link from gurulabs for videos
you produce, especially longer segments.  If you are going to make
several videos fo significant length I'm not sure fedorapeople can
accommodate them all.  Try to to aim for 5 or 10 minute segments which
can be strung together for now.  For longer footage will need to
attempt to use a torrent seed through miro i think... but we aren't
there yet.

We also need to decided on what license is appropriate for anything we
put on our "official" Fedora Miro channel.  I'd like people to be able
to cut and mix video as liberally as possible while still giving
credit to the original video authors.

I think it would even be appropriate to have a credit screen for your
employer at the end of videos you make if guru labs makes this sort of
thing a part of your job.  We'll need so general guidelines in terms
of the length of time for credits i think..but we'll figure something
out.  I don't want full blown commercials as credits, I think we can
limit credits to text on a black background no longer than 30 seconds
in total and feel comfortable with it for now, followed at the very
end with a license statement.  But I want to give credit where credit
is due. And if you are getting paid to produce content that is
valuable to the Fedora community and are gifting it to us, I think its
fair to give your employer credit in the video production credits.

First things first, lets get a few more videos up on the page and get
a miro feed up that we can test.

-jef