Mission: Video blogging Fedora screencasts for use in Miro

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 00:14:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I hope you like these screencasts I made.
>
> Fists I need to tell you that English is not my primary language (that
> will soon be obvious to you),

I can't expect everyone who has the ability to make video to be able
to do English audio.  We are going to have to work out a means of
providing a text transcript that can be translated and from which
additional audio tracks can be created based on that translation.
I've updated av-splice script to work with gst 0.10 and placed it on
the screencasting page.

I'll make you a deal. If you are willing to experiment with native
language videos and written transcripts I'll provide an English audio
track to replace the a Croatian audio track. If you want to, please
pick the tutorial subject you like best and produce a native language
audio theora and provide a rough english translation transcript as
text. Make sure the transscript includes timestamps indicated when
each of the sentences should start.  I will then use the written
transcript and create an English audio track that can replace the
Croatian track.  I'll even do a screencast of me doing it!

-jef