Kernel Driver Statement

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 24 00:28:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

"We, the undersigned Linux kernel developers, consider any closed-source
Linux kernel module or driver to be harmful and undesirable. We have
repeatedly found them to be detrimental to Linux users, businesses, and
the greater Linux ecosystem. Such modules negate the openness,
stability, flexibility, and maintainability of the Linux development
model and shut their users off from the expertise of the Linux
community. Vendors that provide closed-source kernel modules force their
customers to give up key Linux advantages or choose new vendors.
Therefore, in order to take full advantage of the cost savings and
shared support benefits open source has to offer, we urge vendors to
adopt a policy of supporting their customers on Linux with open-source
kernel code."

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Kernel_Driver_Statement

Rahul